- Right to Quiet Society news editor & education development quiet.org
- Board of Directors, Right to Quiet Society (non-profit)
- British Tinnitus Association tinnitus consultation group volunteer
I enjoy writing horror fiction and non-fiction, with the odd dash of poetry for good measure. I’m an Eric Hoffer Award winning author in non-fiction health.
I’m an educational audiologist specializing in evaluation, management, and prevention of tinnitus, hyperacusis, and noise-induced hearing health damage.
I burned out and switched careers. I designed and taught safety & health educational programs including hearing conservation. I missed audiology.
I worked for 2 years in Fredericton, NB, Canada, doing hearing loss evaluation and management for people of all ages from babies to elders. After I discovered what winter is like as a season, I returned to the Pacific Northwest to work at an occupational audiology clinic in Vancouver, BC.
- Migraines since forever
- Hyperacusis since forever
- Anxiety & depression since 1966
- Chronic pain & fatigue since 1977
- Tinnitus since 1986
- Hearing loss since 2016